The Importance Of Pool & Spa Inspections
The Importance of Pool & Spa Inspections
The summer heat is undoubtedly here and there is no better way to cool off than taking a dip in your own personal pool. As a prospective homeowner looking to buy a home with a pool and/or spa, there is a lot of responsibility you will need to adhere to. We will discuss two major factors that play into being a responsible pool/spa owner and how an advanced pool inspection can save you money.
Maintaining a pool and spa is not cheap. The cost for maintaining a pool ranges from $3000 to $6000 annually so you want to make sure that the pool is in good shape and functioning properly. An example of some of the items that are inspected during a pool inspection are:
- Checking the visible pool plumbing lines for leaks.
- Making sure the pool pump is visibly bonded and grounded.
- The skimmer and main drain should be clear of blockages and debris.
- The pool deck is examined for cracks and settlement issues.
- Making sure drain covers are installed and are anti-entrapment.
These are just a few examples of what we will inspect. For the full scope of the inspection, please click on this link: https://www.nachi.org/internachi-pool-sop.htm
Pool safety is paramount, especially with young children. Over 400 deaths occur annually due to not having proper safety protocols. Here are some of the safety protocols and devices inspected during a pool/spa inspection:
- If you have a pool cage, you need to make sure that the screen doors to the pool cage are self-closing and locked when not home.
- If you have small children, alarm sensors should be on all the doors and sliders that lead out to the pool.
- All ladders are properly secured and adequate means of egress from the pool is provided.
If you are looking to buy a home with a pool or already have one, getting a pool inspection cannot be underestimated. From proper maintenance to pool safety, a pool/spa inspection from Robbins Services Home Inspection Company will give you that piece of mind to thoroughly enjoy those summer pool parties safely!